Music Ministry Director
Reports to: The Elder Board at New Hope Christian Fellowship
Summary of Position: New Hope Christian Fellowship is looking for a Music Ministry Director to join their staff. The purpose of music at New Hope Christian Fellowship is to promote both corporate and individual worship toward God as well as to encourage the saints in their personal walk and service to God (Ephesians 5:18-20; Col. 3:16-17).
- Possesses a growing, personal, and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ, demonstrated in their character.
- Believes in and is able to articulate a team-based philosophy of ministry for leadership and service.
- Is an effective self-starter.
- Is in agreement with the basic doctrinal positions of New Hope Christian Fellowship.
- Is a member of New Hope Christian Fellowship or is willing to become a member upon being hired.
- At least two years of music ministry experience.
- Specific training in music education and/or ministry (Bachelor degree is preferred).
- Possesses a working knowledge of music and music theory spanning a broad base of musical styles used in the church today.
- Is able to evaluate an individual’s musical level, and ability, and assign them to areas of service consistent with that ability or level of commitment.
- Is able to lead both congregational and special groups through voice and accompaniment.
- Possesses a conceptual knowledge of the sound board and equipment (useful for planning and communication with the audio/video technicians).
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the music within the church.
- Preview and select music used in the worship service and provide direction when necessary in both selection and performance (with approval of the Elder board).
- Conduct weekly practice sessions with the scheduled musicians to rehearse designated music for Sunday’s corporate worship service.
- Submit an order of worship music each week to the church secretary.
- Be watchful for individuals gifted in areas of music leadership for mentoring and integrating into the overall music program.
Salary: Salaried ($5,500 a year)
Anticipated Start Date: March 1, 2018
How to Apply: Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and their personal testimony/statement of faith to Alison Schmucker at Alison@nh-online.com by December 31, 2017.